Thursday, August 18, 2011

Reflections

I learnt alot from this PT! I learnt that my diet is considered unhealthy: high in carbohydrates, fats and cholesterol, but low in fibre. Therefore, a change in diet must happen in order to effect my nutritional intake. The diet can be affected by many factors, such as self-control, etc. We have to learn to control what we eat and take ownership of our own health, because unhealthy diet can affect our health in the long run. NO ICE CREAM, MACDONALDS anymore... Everyone knows that these foods are superyummy, but they are really unhealthy! Though we may not realise it now, little amounts of fats, etc can have a big impact on our health in the future. Diabetes and cancer is not a pleasant thing to undergo!
The nutritional tools on the HPB website were very useful because they were in-depth in analysing various information, such as the nutrients in my diet. I could get a clearer picture of my eating habits, nutritional intake, how much I should eat and lots more! In the future, I will consolidate my diet with the various tools.
The one-dish meal, which is a healthy wrap, can be prepared and eaten next time I am hungry. It is balanced, healthy and requires little time to prepare. It does not even need cooking ;O I will no longer need to worry about my diet being imbalanced because I have the knowledge of food and nutrition at my fingertips!
Hope you have a fabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment