Thursday, August 18, 2011

Healthy Diet Pyramid

Source: Health Promotion Board website

Hi! This is an analysis of my 3-day diet using the healthy diet pyramid! I calculated how many servings of each food group I consumed everyday.

Day one:
1) Rice and alternatives: 4 servings L
2) Fruit and vegetables: 4 servings J
3) Meat and alternatives: 2 servings L

Day two:
1) Rice and alternatives: 5 servings J
2) Fruit and vegetables: 5 servings J
3) Meat and alternatives: 2 servings L

Day three:
1) Rice and alternatives: 5 servings J
2) Fruit and vegetables: 3 servings L
3) Meat and alternatives: 2 servings L

OH NO! I am not eating enough yummy servings of food! On day one, I required 1 more serving of ‘rice and alternatives’ and ‘meat and alternatives’ each. On day two, I had to consume 1 more serving of ‘meat and alternatives’. Lastly, on day three, I needed 1 more serving of ‘fruit and vegetables’ and ‘meat and alternatives’ each. The food group in which I am the most deficient in is ‘meat and alternatives’, so I should try to eat more food in that food group.


No comments:

Post a Comment